Monday, August 5, 2013

The High Country is no place for me.

After running Speedgoat,  working the Outdoor Retailer show and seeing Anton Krupicka's movie, The High Country, (free pre-premier at Brewvies, BAM!) I was feeling so inspired. The movie shows Anton climbing, what he says to be up to 5.8, on the super exposed routes on Long's Peak. My legs were feeling really good after Speedgoat. I didn't get to run much during the week but I was really jonesing for an alpine summit. 

Too bad I'm afraid of heights.

Lone Peak south summit was a piece of cake coming up the backside, but when we tried to scramble and traverse over to the north summit I lost my shit!





Scary.





Total Vertical Gain: 6,125 feet
Total Mileage: 10.99 miles
Overall: I'm a weenie.

Currently Listening To: We Are Augustines 

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the So. Summit! I saw your IG pics and was inspired. I need to get up there.

    ReplyDelete