Thursday, June 30, 2016

remember that time. ..

I broke my ankle 11 months ago?
Well, I just did 50 miles in the last 7 days!

I guess I'm back?!

A friend who's on the bench due to injury recently reached out to me and asked how I didn't go nuts, breakdown, cry myself to sleep every night while I wasn't able to run, hike, climb, skydive, and live life at the speed at sketchiness I love.

I had to be honest and tell her I did go nuts. I did breakdown. I did cry myself to sleep. Everyone told me I'd be back in no time, I should enjoy the downtime, let myself relax and appreciate some less sweaty, suffery fun, but I didn't handle my injury with any class or grace. I whined and complained and became a real pain in the ass.

It's funny, though. Now that I'm back to running and hiking, climbing, flying and living.. . 

It almost feels like it didn't happen. 

I wish I would have slowed down and appreciated that down time instead of cursing it. I should have read more, played the piano more, the ukulele! I should have practiced my French, worked in the garden, baked pies for my friends, spent more time with my family. ..

but I'm back! and I'm pooped. 

But I'm playing the ukulele, and I'm practicing French, I've been trying to find the balance I lacked before I blew up my ankle.

This Week's:
Total Vertical Gain:  10,207
Total Mileage: 50.04 miles
Overall: A little bit of fast, a little bit of steep, a whole lot of fun!
Currently Listening To: The Lumineers - Ophelia (over and over)

No comments:

Post a Comment